Business Development Intern


Why ProductBio?

Public and private institutions consume 2/3 of economic resources, but manage only 10% of their sustainability impact. Sustainable purchasing can unlock the remaining 90% of positive impact potential.

Whether a buyer demands 30% post-consumer recycled paper, low-VOC paint, or Energy-Star tablets, we support the market for sustainable products by providing the information and analytics necessary to support smart product purchasing. With a background in data science and focus on sustainable outcomes, ProductBio is venture backed, growth-oriented, and looking for energetic self- starters to join our go-to-market team.


What we’re looking for

The ideal candidate is results-driven, has a natural aptitude for managing external relationships, and is committed to furthering the market objectives of a business enterprise focused on scaling the impact of sustainable purchasing.

  • World-class communicator. You have what it takes to author short and sweet introductory emails, articulate clear asks, and customize messaging on the fly.
  • Entrepreneurial spirit. You’re quick to develop a point of view and support it with what you’ve learned from our external partners and customers.
  • Whatever-it-takes attitude. You’re excited to prioritize and execute market growth strategies and take direction from teammates.
  • Own problems end-to-end. We have an ownership driven culture and we want you to drive.
  • Think big. We have lofty goals and we want them to excite you, not intimidate you.
  • Have a healthy sense of humor.

What you’ll be doing

As a member of the go-to-market team, you will be responsible for developing relationships with cities, states, universities, and other large purchasers.

  • Researching institutions to document their sustainable purchasing requirements, characterize their objectives, and identify key decision-makers
  • Overseeing initial outreach and prompting conversations with articulate emails and follow-up phone calls
  • Maintaining detailed records of outreach and outcomes in customer relationship management system
  • Contributing to meeting account management and customer support goals
  • Collaborating with UX/UI designers, account managers, product managers, and engineers on products and solutions for partners and customers

This intern position is perfect for students and entry-level professionals interested in applying their talents to drive measurable progress toward a more sustainable future.


How to apply

Please send resume and short description of your interest in the position to jobs@productbio.com with “Business Development Intern” in the subject line.